dr. Jacco J.M. de Wit
Microwave Sensing, Signals and Systems (MS3), Department of Microelectronics
Expertise: radar micro-Doppler signature characterization and classification, radar target classification, radar, system concepts, through-wall radarThemes: Distributed sensor systems, Radar for Remote Sensing and Targets Characterization, Radar technology
Jacco de Wit received the MSc and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Delft University of Technology, in 2000 and 2005, respectively. Since 2005 he has been employed with TNO, Department of Radar Technology. His main research interests include radar micro-Doppler signature characterization, radar target classification, innovative radar system concepts, adaptive and cognitive radar concepts, radar management and radar performance characterization.
Jacco de Wit serves as a reviewer for several academic journals and scientific conferences. He is the Technical Programme Committee Chair for the EuRAD 2020 conference in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
-  A.G. Huizing, M.J.C. Heiligers, B. Dekker, J.J.M. de Wit, L. Cifola and R.I.A. Harmanny, “Deep Learning for Classification of Mini-UAVs Using Micro-Doppler Spectrograms in Cognitive Radar,” IEEE A&E Systems Magazine, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 46-56, November 2019.
-  R.J. de Jong, M.J.C. Heiligers, J.J.M. de Wit, and F. Uysal, “Radar and Video Multimodal Learning for Human Activity Classification,” Proc. SEE International Radar Conference, Toulon, France, September 23-27, 2019.
-  J.J.M. de Wit and R.I.A. Harmanny, “Small UAVs and Their Buzz…. How Micro-Doppler Makes the Difference,” Proc. Int. Specialist Meeting Electromagnetic Waves and Wind Turbines, Delft, The Netherlands, December 6-7, 2018. Keynote Presentation. link: http://resolver.tudelft.nl/uuid:f6b436b9-b27f-4879-ac12-cdb9e4b01b80
-  J.J.M. de Wit and W.L. van Rossum, “Combined Backscatter and Forward Scatter Radar Detection of People,” Proc. EuRAD, Madrid, Spain, September 26-28, 2018, pp. 166-169.
-  J.J.M. de Wit, W.L. van Rossum, D. Blacknell, and D. Muff, “Looking Inside,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 53, no. 15, pp. 977-978, July 2017.
-  W.L. van Rossum and J.J.M. de Wit, “Forward Scatter Radar for Remote Intelligence of Building Interiors,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 53, no. 15, pp. 995-997, July 2017.
-  J.J.M. de Wit and W.L. van Rossum, “Extraction of Building Features from Stand-Off Measured Through-Wall Radar Data,” IEEE J. Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 149-158, January 2016.
-  J.J.M. de Wit, R.I.A. Harmanny, and P. Molchanov, “Radar Micro-Doppler Feature Extraction Using the Singular Value Decomposition,” Proc. SEE International Radar Conference, Lille, France, October 13-17, 2014.
-  W.L. van Rossum and J.J.M. de Wit, “Overcomplete Dictionary Design for Building Feature Extraction,” Chapter 2 in: M. G. Amin (ed.), “Compressive Sensing for Urban Radar,” CRC Press, Bota Raton, ISBN 978-1-4665-9784-6 (print), ISBN 978-1-4665-9785-3 (ebook), August 2014.
-  F.M.A. Smits, J.J M. de Wit, and W.L. van Rossum, “A Method of Three-Dimensional Mapping of a Building Structure, a Radar System, and a Computer Program Product,” European Patent No. 2399146, February 2014.
-  J.J.M. de Wit, W.L. van Rossum, R.J. Miller, and L. Hyde, “Multifunction Radar Concept for Through-Wall Surveillance,” Proc. IEEE Radar Conference, Ottawa, Canada, April 29 - May 3, 2013.
-  J.J.M. de Wit, R.I.A. Harmanny, and G. Prémel-Cabic, “Micro-Doppler Analysis of Small UAVs,” Proc. EuRAD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, October 31 - November 2, 2012, pp. 210 213.
-  J.J.M. de Wit, W.L. van Rossum, and A.J. de Jong, “Orthogonal Waveforms for FMCW MIMO Radar,” Proc. IEEE Radar Conference, Kansas City, U.S.A., May 23-26, 2011, pp. 686-691.
Last updated: 22 Jun 2020